Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November Morning on The Gorge

Early Sunday morning on the Gorge. I've just finished carrying my icy tripod down to the water. Despite the unusual visit by the sun my fingers were numb from the cold. There are a surprising amount of people out an about on this winter morning. I guess this gentleman starts his day with a glide on the water each day. Beats jogging!















This was taken on Remembrance Day. Just as the soldiers and veterans were passing by the crowd surged forward in front of me augh! So I knelt down and took this shot.


“War I abhor, and yet how sweet The sound along the marching street Of drum and fife, and I forget Wet eyes of widows, and forget Broken old mothers, and the whole Dark butchery without a soul.”

Richard LaGalliene

No comments: